Wing Lung Bank International Institute for Business Development
2018 IIBD International Case Competition
Established in 2008, the IIBD International Case Competition aims at giving students a fruitful learning experience outside classrooms. Students will have the chance to gain hands-on experiences to tackle real-world business problems, which highlight the strategic challenges and managerial dilemmas, and to network with peers and industry professionals from across the globe.
Co-organised by HKBU School of Business and Ateneo de Manila University, the final round of the 2018 IIBD International Case Competition will be held on 9 November 2018 at Ateneo de Manila University, the Philippines.JOIN NOW
Application deadline: 31 May 2018 23:59 HKT
For HKBU students, please register at: iibd.hkbu.edu.hk/cc2018_hkbu
Digital Disruption & Global Inclusiveness
It will be a truly worthwhile experience in your university journey. Listen to what our past participants have said:
- All participating teams will be assigned a case on 15 June 2018, and have to submit the case analysis report by 25 June 2018.
- The report should be within 10 pages plus a 2-page Executive Summary based on the case, excluding appendixes.
- Six finalist teams will be chosen to enter the final round of the competition on 9 November 2018 in the Philippines.
Silver Prize: USD900
Bronze Prize: USD700
Best Presenter: USD200
- All business students from universities around the globe are eligible.
- Each university could nominate ONE team. Each team should consist of a maximum of 4 students, with no more than one graduate student per team.
- Students of the same team must come from the same institution at the time of application.
- Each team should be supervised by a faculty supervisor.
- Each hosting institution will be eligible to have one team in the final round of the Competition.
31 May 2018
15 June 2018
“First-round” case assigned to all participating teams
25 June 2018
Deadline for submission of analysis of “First-round” case
17 September 2018
Result announcement of six finalist teams
9 November 2018
Final Round of the Competition at Ateneo de Manila University
Does the team correctly identify and analyse the key problems or subsidiary issues?
Does the team show thorough understanding of the company and the business environment? Does the team conduct comprehensive analysis?
3. Quality of Recommendations & Alternatives
Are the recommendations feasible and realistic? Does the team show the ability to think outside-the-box?
4. Implementation and Plan of Action
Is there a comprehensive implementation plan for the solutions? Are related issues and potential problems fully recognised and addressed?
5. Report format and Writing Style (First round only)
Is the report well-organised with appropriate formatting?
6. Handling of Question (Final round only)
How well does the team defend the position and clearly address the subject matter?
7. Presentation Form and Style (Final round only)
Is the team’s presentation clear and well-structured?
Tel: 852-3411 7855