Wing Lung Bank International Institute for Business Development
2017 IIBD International Case Competition
Entrepreneurship in a Changing Global Environment
- To strengthen internationalisation through the enhancement of student and faculty networks, both social as well as professional.
- To test students' creativity and problem-solving ability by working under pressure to solve a real world business problem, which highlights the strategic challenges and managerial dilemmas.
- To better prepare students to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing global business environment.
(Please click for more photos)
- Gold Prize – Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Silver Prize – Ateneo de Manila University
- Bronze Prize – Singapore Management University
- Best Presenter – Mr. Hu Ruey Heng Arthur of Singapore Management University
- Ateneo De Manila University, The Philippines
- Australian National University, Australia
- Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong
- Singapore Management University, Singapore
USD1000 + Four round-trip air tickets between Hong Kong to all destinations served by Hong Kong Airlines
- All business students from universities around the globe are eligible.
- Each university will nominate ONE team and each participating team must consist of not more than 4 members, with not more than one of them being a graduate student.
- Students of the same team must come from the same institution at the time of application.
- Each team should be supervised by a faculty supervisor.
- The hosting institution will be eligible to have one team in the final round of the Competition.
- All participating teams will be assigned a case on 20 June 2017.
- They have to submit the case analysis report by 30 June 2017.
- The report should be within 10 pages plus a 2-page Executive Summary based on the case, excluding appendixes.
- Identification of Problems
- Quality of Recommendations & Alternatives
- Implementation and Plan of Action
- Report Format and Writing Style
- Five finalist teams will be chosen to enter the final round of the competition on 24 November 2017 in Hong Kong.
- The finalist teams have six hours to research, analyse, develop a set of action plans, and make recommendations to a business case.
- They have to deliver presentations for judges.
31 May 2017
Deadline for application
20 June 2017
“First-round” case assigned to all participating teams
30 June 2017
Deadline for submission of analysis of “First-round” case
15 September 2017
Finalists chosen by Organising Committee and notified
24 November 2017
Final Round of the Competition at Hong Kong Baptist University
Tel: 852-3411 7855
We thank our sponsors